I know that we have been MIA for a little while. I mean, I haven't
updated this blog in a REALLY, REALLY long time. Those of you who keep
up with us IRL know why that is. Those that don't will find out very
soon, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. One of the most important,
meaningful things I've done recently was visit Jinja, Africa. My journey
started when I wrote about refusing to sit around. You can read about
that
here. In the meantime, here are a few pictures, to fill you in on our 2013....so far. I know that this is "technically cheating" because each one should be their own blog, but "Ain't nobody got time for that."
Warning: There are a LOT of pictures, and I'm hoping to have my Africa pictures up on a share site soon, I'm just waiting for a few of the girls to finish uploading them! You know who you are girls...
So here is what we've been up to, in no particular order...
1. Celebrating the life of a very special man. Bryan's grandfather went to be with his Savior, & we said goodbye to him. You can read all about the service on my sister's blog
here.
She wrote a wonderful synopsis of the event. I was in Africa, so wasn't
able to attend. I know that I'll look back fondly on all the memories I
have of him in the short 14 years I knew him.
 |
| Saying goodbye to one of the greatest men I've ever known. |
|
2. Celebrated Carter's 11th birthday. yes, he's 11!!!!
 |
| At Freebirds, birthday meal tradition. |
We actually celebrated twice, once as a family and once while my in laws were here:
3. It was girl scout cookie time.....
4. Celebrated 15 years of being together. I love my husband so very much!
5. As usual, lots and lots of sporting events:
Aggies BTHO OU, but again, I wasn't able to go because I was in Africa, but CJ and Bryan got to go!
Superbowl, was low key this year. So low key, here is Bryan and Carter...
 |
| My boys uring the Superbowl 1/2 time show |
CJ played basketball again, for the city league.
 |
| He was able to wear the 1st pair of Jordan's I ever bought...for myself...in high school |
and of course, lots of Aggie sports....
 |
| Waiting for BT to park the car |
 |
| Aggie Women's Hoops |
 |
| Aggie Men's Hoops |
 |
| Aggie Baseball |
 |
| Aggie Baseball |
6. Making lists (this will make more sense later, and yes, I know it's 2013...I'm a little behind) and rearranging things.
 |
| Removing CJs posters from his wall |
 |
| CJ's new room |
 |
| Organizing |
7. Africa, lots of Africa. Here are a few pictures. I was
finishing up the last half of my trip in January. It was the most
rewarding, touching, emotional, absolutely blessed experience I've had
up to this point. I was sad to leave, and dearly miss everyone one I met there
 |
| My buddy, Karson |
 |
| He didn't want us to leave :( |
 |
| Super technological patient list |
 |
| White water rafting on the Nile! |
 |
| Typical morning or evening with the Segner kiddos. |
And lastly, watching waaaaaaaaay too much Pitch Perfect, if that's even possible :).
Side note: When we were in Africa our entire team had the majority of our electronics stolen. iPads, iPhones, cell phones, cameras, backpacks, etc etc. (This was further solidification that we were doing what we were supposed to in spreading God's word, and doing works for Him. We all took it so well, and were able to laugh and joke about it that same night. I'm so glad for the group of girls that I was able to share this experience with). Anyway, among these items was my laptop, and in the DVD drive was my copy of Pitch Perfect. I was soooo sad about it, since I really love the movie (I may have been more upset about the movie, than the computer). It did, however, lead to a re-enactment by myself and Janell when the electricity was out.
When I got home, Bryan and Carter had gotten me a few welcome home gifts. They are the best!
 |
| A muppets "Together Again" balloon, cause they are my favorite! |
 |
| Funyuns, Big Red (not pictured, because I was already drinking it) |
 |
| A new copy of Pitch Perfect (DVD, Blu Ray, and digital copies) |
Well, that's all for now. My next blog will be super exciting, and contain information you won't want to miss...I promise!
2 comments:
Finally! Love the updates. And even though I already know the "big news" I look forward to reading your post about it!!
Loved all the pictures!
Post a Comment