AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mother's Day version 2012





Last year I blogged about the best mother's day present ever. You can read about my fan here. Since I had a hysterectomy last year, I thought that the fan couldn't be topped. I was totally wrong. It could be topped, with a Mother's Day Weekend. The whole weekend was about me, and of course anytime everything can be about me is wonderful, of course.

Here is what we my weekend was like...

Friday
Carter came home on Friday with the sweetest, homemade card. It made me laugh and get a little teary eyed...but that's not hard to do.
Then Bryan and Carter went to the Aggie baseball game Friday night (1st of 3 game series), and I was able to clean the entire house and have some "me" time.

Saturday
Saturday, my friend, Meagan, and I went and did a little shopping at the mall. That's always fun. I wanted to go to the mall because one of the most amazing ladies I know, was having her book signing that day...at the mall. So off we went to get my book signed. We were early, so I was able to talk to Kasey for a little while. To learn more about her and her ministry, visit her online.  
Then Meagan and I went to eat at BJ's Brewhouse, and then the 2 of us went to the Aggie baseball game. (2nd of a 3 game series).
We got to see Aggie pitcher, Ross Stripling pitch a "no hitter." The San Diego State pitcher took a line drive to the face, and it was so scary. It could have been much worse.
Oh, and it was also, Military Appreciation Day. This was appropriate because Meagan's boyfriend, Josh is currently serving in our military, and is over in the Middle East. They had these flags in the grass at the front of Olsen. It was pretty neat to see.
When I got home, my wonderful husband had gotten me these pretty flowers. It definitely made me smile.
The closed bulbs, bloomed, so pretty and perfect over the next few days. Do you see them closed in the above picture? This is what they looked like. So pretty.
I got these super cute earrings from my AWESOME sister, Tammy. I'm not her mom, so that so nice. 
Saturday night, one of our good friends, Dumezie, came down from Dallas, to visit, so we invited some of our mutual friends over and sat around catching up for a while.

Sunday
Saturday night, Carter fell asleep in our bed, and we just left him in there. I guess he woke up to go to the bathroom around 12:30am, and woke me up to say Happy Mother's Day. Talk about SWEET! Sunday morning, I had to be at church at 8am for choir practice, so I was trying to be quiet and not wake Bryan or Carter up. While I was in the shower, Bryan put my gift in the sink, so I couldn't miss it.
I got an "IOU" for P90x, since Bryan and I have been talking about starting it. I can't wait to start! (and by that I mean, I'm trying to make myself believe that I'm excited - by saying it over and over again).
Since, the weekend was so great, and I was getting P90x, I didn't expect another gift. Bryan said, "I didn't hear you digging in the bag. There's another gift." It was a "game day" bracelet. So pretty. I can't wait to make it a part of my usual "game day" jewelry.
As if that wasn't enough...
All three of us went to the 3rd Aggie baseball game.
Then, lunch...my pick, so I went with the usual, safe pick.
Then, my favorite-est thing...that comes in a styrofoam cup...a "raspa." These always brighten the darkest day, and make me feel like a kid again. I love me, so raspas.
We stayed in, watched a movie, and got ready for the week. It was such a fun weekend! My boys are awesome, and I thank God for them every day. I love you, Bryan and Carter. Thanks for making me feel like such a special person...all the time.


1 comment:

Tammy @ Next To Grace said...

Wow! You did well on Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a very special weekend. 3 Aggie games and snow cones? Now that sounds like fun!
Love ya!