AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Just "US GIRLS"

Last night was the start of a 6-week bible study called "Named by God" that I'm leading and hosting at my house. I did this last summer and it was great, and really, sincerely changed my life. Kasey (the author) is such an amazing Godly woman, and the best part is she's my age. She showed me that you can still be cool and walk with Jesus.

One of the girls challenged me to come up with a name for our group.One of the key things I wanted to get across was that when they came in the door they were no longer their outside self. That we are all sisters in Christ, no worries, no judgements, nothing the couldn't share. It was just "U.S. G.I.R.L.S." That became the name of our group.

What does it mean?
 It stands for: 

Understanding
Spiritual

Guidance
In
Real
Life
Struggles


I know. I know. I should have been in Marketing. Well that's the name of our group. I wanted to keep folks engaged and have a little fun. So when they came in the door, they had these little circle buttons to write the date on (for a later drawing). This had a dual meaning, but that's for a later blog :).

Then they picked up a nifty name tag. There are 11 girls, and most of them know each other, but there are few that don't, so I figured why not?
Then before they got pizza I posted a question. Wwe'll have one every week as a sort of "ice breaker" that will get harder and require more thought each week. This was the question this week:
Then it was a little background of Kasey, and then time to start this 6 week journey to find out how you are Named by God. 
I'm so excited to be able to share this with these 10 other ladies, and really be able to witness, get to know, and share with them. Kasey has provided a wonderful avenue for this. If you group is looking for a new study, this one is great, and shouldn't be missed.  You can learn more about Kasey and her ministry online at http://www.kaseyvannorman.com/#/welcome.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

LOVE the name of the group- that book looks great too! I'll have to get it and try it :) Can't wait to hear how the study goes!