AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Saturday, May 26, 2012

That's was quick..(TWSS)

 I recently had a conference in Austin (blog coming soon on that), so I decided to head to San Antonio the night before so I could celebrate my brother's 17th birthday. I was going to take him and my parents out for dinner as a "Happy Birthday/Mother's/Father's Day" meal. I got there and my mom was excited to show her new ride. She's too funny. She's always wanted a convertible, and she finally got one. We rode around and shopped...and got a little sunburned, but it was so much fun.
 Look no hands! Relax...we were parked :)
 Had to get a picture of my daddy while we were there. My grandma didn't feel "photo ready" that day, which is funny to me, but I was able to stop and talk to her and some other folks from my dads side. It is always wonderful to sit and talk with them. They tend to refresh my Godly walk when I can chat with them, even if it's brief.
 Well, unfortunately we didn't get to go to dinner. Originally Ben had to work until 6, but once he got there, they made him close. He didn't get home until close to 10. So we had his favorite pizza ready for him.
Poor thing, he was so tired, and sweaty, and gross. But I still love him!
Brother and sister, catching up. I miss him a ton, and wish I could be there more. Hopefully, he'll get into A&M in 2 years!
 Mom made us stop and smile, you can tell how happy we were to comply :)
 Then mom showed me this super awesome bench that Ben made...that will be in my house soon :).
 Then on the way out, I was able to have breakfast with my cousin Barbie, and her son Kenneth. He was super good the entire time, and it was great to catch up with Barbie. Though I forgot to get a picture of us. Hey, I'm getting better about it, so will get to blog more :)
 Until next time,
Val









No comments: