AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Better late than never!

So I know, I'm a month late getting this post out, but I was thinking today "wow, I haven't posted anything in a while!" We have so much going on, and I didn't know where to start, so I'm breaking it up in a few smaller posts, so here it goes....

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...to me...and my everyone else. Since we had just seen my parents at Easter, they didn't get to come up (or we didn't go to San Antonio). So we spent a nice day at home. Went to church, and I think we ate at Shipwreck :). It was very relaxing. Everyone at work asked me, "what did you get for Mother's day??" Here's what I got....

...a fan! Most people said "a fan?!?!?!". Yes, a fan, and it was the best present to get me. I was only 6 weeks post op at the time, and my hot flashes were frequent, and night sweats were bad, so this was the best present I could have gotten. Here are the features:
  • Adjustable Height and can be wall mounted
  • Dust Armor™
  • Oscillating
  • Remote Included, that's right a remote!
  • Three speeds
  • and a Timer!
Isn't that cool! (pun intended). Thanks to Carter and Bryan for a great gift! I also got Eclipse on DVD, which oddly enough I didn't have yet. We popped popcorn, watched the movie and enjoyed an indoor breeeeeeeze.

1 comment:

Tammy @ Next To Grace said...

You are too funny! I would never think a fan would make a good gift, but you had a different situation. Will you be one of those who sees "Breaking Dawn" at midnight on Nov. 18th?