AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Monday, November 12, 2012

Don't care...We Beat Bama

So late on the Thursday night before the Alabama road game, Bryan and I started packing...you know, "just in case" we decided to go. It was one of those back-and-forth-yes-and-no-should-we-shouldn't-we type of conversations that we generally happens in our home when we are trying to justify going to a big game on the road, that we hadn't planned on. On Friday morning we were still not sure what we'd do. Here is how that conversation went:

BT to me: (while I'm still asleep): So are we not going?
Me: No, we don't have tickets.
BT: I think we should.
Me: OK
BT: Maybe we shouldn't
Me: OK, wait what? Which is it?
BT: I don't know

Final verdict? We went. Left at noon, and it was only a 10 hour (one way) drive, but totally doable. We decided we'd stay in Jackson, MS (which was only about 8 hours away), then we'd be on our way home after the game.


**Side note: We've driven to Miami (26 hours one way), Kansas State and Kansas, so this was something we knew we could tackle with no problem :)**.

Since this epic win, this has been our household philosophy:
For example:
Sorry I didn't get the laundry done - don't care, we beat Bama.
Sorry I drank all your Big Red - don't care, we beat Bama.
Sorry my room isn't clean - don't care, we beat Bama.
Sorry....well you get the idea. 
 Here are a few (A LOT) pictures from our AWESOME-TOTALLY-WORTH-IT trip to BTHO Bama!
Before the game 2 1/4 mile walk to the stadium
Being silly during Halftime
CJ fighting tears because of the win!
Right after the 29-24 win






After the game we went down to the team buses to celebrate, take pictures, and have some fun.
Equipment bus
Carter and Swope
Front of the stadium

Before the game, Bryan told Carter he'd carry him the 2+ miles...doh!

Us having fun, being happy, acting silly because JFF just beat #1 Bama, and we were there! 
Of course, no SEC road trip is complete without a trip to Waffle House. 

Oh, and since I won't use an entire blog for this game, here are a couple of pictures from the weekend before on our PLANNED trip to Mississippi State:
The highlight of that trip was the black Aggie uniforms that were so stinkin' SWEET!
via
via
 Now that the 10-2 season, yes that's rights Ags went 10-2 thanks to "Johnny Football" Manziel, we just wait to see what bowl game we'll be in.

1 comment:

Tammy @ Next To Grace said...

I'm sure CJ won't fully appreciate how awesome his parents are until he becomes an Aggie and can brag to all his friends how his parents took him on a last minute road trip to watch the Ags BTHO Bama. True story.