AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pinterest Picture Project

 One of my many outlets to stress is crafting. So the other day, I thought, "Hey I'm going to try something I saw on Pinterest." This seemed pretty easy because I already had all of the supplies needed. I think they came out pretty cute...just gotta' figure out where to put them.

On my last trip to the Goodwill, I found these babies, still in the box for $4.99. Since they are Mikasa, and probably around $40, I thought this was a great deal, though I wasn't sure what I'd do with them.
Mikasa candle sticks from the Goodwill for $5!

Dollar store vases I always have on hand.
 I found a few pictures from the last year that I liked, but haven't been able to display anywhere. So when I found this idea on Pinterest, I knew what I'd do.  So I copied, pasted and cropped all the pictures I liked into word, and then printed them on Vellum paper.
 After trimming them up, I used double sided tape to tape them around the vases. Then using my trusty hot glue gun, I glued the vase to the candle sticks.

 All I had around the house were tea lights, so the illumination is not what it will be when I get the taller candles. This took about 5 minutes to put together, and I love the way they turned out. Now....just gotta find a place to put them!

No comments: