I've decided that every now and then I'll write a little something about my walk with Jesus. I mean you all know that I think that I'm kind of a big deal ;), and just want to show that you can be as awesome as me, and still have a solid relationship with Jesus. The title will be Jesus Jabber. So here is the 1st of many....
This blog has been in my head for over a week now, and I’m finally getting a chance to write it out. Originally the title was going to be "OVERWHELMED" , and let me “splain” to you why….
1. I’ve been suffering from TONS of throwing up, sleep in a dark closet for 24 hour, can’t see type of migraine headaches. I’ve struggled with since I was about 10 years old. No fun.
2. We have just finished up Carter's basketball season.
3. Our Freezer/Refrigerator broke, and it would take 5-10 business days to get the parts. So we had to find temporary homes for our food, until one of Bryan's friends was kind enough to lend us a freezer/fridge. Then we had to get our food back!
4. We met Bryan's parents in Lockhart, so CJ could go to S.A. for spring break, and while driving home we heard a pop, and his brakes started grinding really, really bad. So we had to take it to be fixed last Sunday.
5. When we went to pick the truck up I noticed that "our leak" was terrible. We have been struggling with a roof leak since we moved in, and after 4 attempts (and money spent) to fix it by professionals, it’s still leaking.
6. Our jobs have been a little crazy, and our faithfulness and patience is being tested. I, Valerie, am going through an audit at work, and Bryan is "in the midst" of outsourcing.
7. There was 4 people in front of me at the redbox yesterday. While that's not a huge deal, it could have been seen as an inconvenience.
Remember these things happened back to back to back to....you get the picture. Now that you know what we've been going through, some of you may be thinking a lot of different things.
"That sucks!"
"Man, I would be so mad."
"I wouldn't know what to do"
"Wow, that's a lot of money to come up with."
"Why is she blogging about this?"
I have a point. I promise.
While most of us would feel overwhelmed, I have to be completely, 100% honest, I’m not. In any way. I have been praying, and asking friends to pray for us, specifically in the area of patience.
I’ve tried in the past few weeks to live by a “Let Go and Let God” mentality, and let me tell you it’s been great. I feel that my obedience and faithfulness has been rewarded:
#1: I have been migraine free for over a week. Lots of drugs, prayer, and getting to the "root" of the problem.
#3: What would have been an $800 (or more) fix, was covered by our Home Warranty for only $60.
#4: A friends dad was able to fix the truck for $35, yes $35. Thanks Andy's Repair Shop.
#5: The roof guys are going to fix our roof at no charge. He said "it's personal now"
#7: I was able to help a grandma make her grandson happy.
You may ask why did she call this blog "overwhelmed" if she's not. The feeling of being overwhelmed is not by my day to day life, but by God and his AWESOMENESS. I'm talking about how Jesus "paid it all" for us, and how we are sooooo not worthy, but he loves us anyway. That is an AWESOME God, right? How many of us would have believed that he was sent by God, and truly been able to follow him? How many of us would have tried to make a quick buck by turning him in? Would you have stood up when Jesus was brought before Pontius Pilate? How many miracles would it have taken for you to believe in Him? What about Job, and how he was thankful for so much, when so much was taken from him? Could you do that? Do you feel convicted and still do the wrong thing? Who do you think it is that is making you feel that way? I'll tell you that it's NOT Jiminy Cricket :).
So noooow are you as overwhelmed as me? I'm constantly thinking about all that has been done for me, and how I don't know of anyone that could do or endure the things he did so that MY sin could be cleansed. I am so thankful to have a God that loves me, despite my constant sinning. I am thankful for a husband that can help me learn more, and the chance to raise my child in a home that knows and loves Jesus on a personal level. Here is a song that makes me want so scream AMEN! Enjoy!
1 comment:
This is exactly what I needed to read today! Seeing God work out everything you were overwhelmed with is a great reminder to me to "Let Go and Let God". Thanks Val! Love you!
Post a Comment