I found this frame at Goodwill the other day, and it had a matching twin. It was only $3 for both of them, so I thought, why not. Here is the before picture:AWESOMENESS
"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"
-Barney Stinson
-Barney Stinson
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
While the cat is away....
I've been spending time on a new website called Pintrest, unless you have a lot of extra time on your hands I suggest that you NOT go to it. Anyway, it's very inspirational. I have been wanting to do something different with my jewelry, not just throw it in a box. It seems that I don't wear a lot of it because I don't feel like sorting through everything. So I first saw this on pintrest and I thought it was a great idea!
I found this frame at Goodwill the other day, and it had a matching twin. It was only $3 for both of them, so I thought, why not. Here is the before picture:
Carter helped me spray paint them black (I didn't sand or prime, because I didn't want to spend too much time or money on them).

Then after it was dry, I put some "modge podge" on it, so that it would be sealed.
I forgot to get a picture of the next step, but using the cardboard backing that came with the frame, I used spray adhesive and put some batting on it. Then I put 2 layers of burlap, using the spray adhesive again. I went with burlap, because I liked the color being neutral, and it has holes in it already!
Then I stretched it and taped it down (for now - I couldn't find my hot glue gun anywhere). Here is the finished product.

Then I got to thinking...what about my rings, and my necklace enhancers, and my bracelets, and...well you get the point, so I made the little "pouches" that are hanging from the top one. We'll see how they actually work.
Oh, and I added some hooks to the bottom one, so that I could hang my necklaces from them.

Viola! All done with my first project! I have plenty more I'm going to try out, so check back soon. Once again, the before and after:

I found this frame at Goodwill the other day, and it had a matching twin. It was only $3 for both of them, so I thought, why not. Here is the before picture:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment