AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This IS Our Happily Ever After

This blog is a little late, but we have been trying to play catch up since we got back from our vacation. On 7/7/11 Bryan and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Yes I said 10...we are old! we were in Ocean Isle/Sunset Beach, NC on that day. We had ventured up to North Carolina for our friends, Brad and Amanda , wedding. More pictures to come on that soon.

On the 7th, we were going to check into a hotel and stay there until the 10th (the wedding was on the 9th). We had been staying in a beach house that Brad's family rented for the week. So we woke up, packed our stuff, and opted for a movie (in typical vacation/anniversary tradition). We decided to have lunch first and went to a place called The Dawg House Grill. It was really good. They are known for their hamburgers and hot dogs. Dustin was on a fishing trip, so Sarah joined us. She was a little sad that he wasn't there.
The movie we chose to see was Super 8. I liked it, but Bryan wasn't too impressed. The next stop was to check in at our hotel. We stayed at the only hotel in Sunset, and where the reception was going to be held. It was called the Sea Trail Convention Center.
Then it was time for our anniversary dinner. The whole trip we did not choose to eat at any place that got less than a 4 star rating online. I wanted something water side. So we went to Twin Lakes. It ended up being really nice, reasonably priced and I got the best 10 year anniversary gift. A new ring (short back story: I lost my original wedding ring at a football game 6 years ago).

I absolutely LOVE it! I did help pick it out :). Then we ended the night with a movie from red box called Barney's version. The hotel we stayed in had a dvd player, so this was the perfect ending to a perfect anniversary day and night. It's great that we are so alike! I love that we have soooo much in common even after all this time. I'm so blessed to have him, and I thank God for him daily! Happy 10 years!!!

No comments: