AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Typical Saturday

So today was like any other Saturday, but I thought I'd share a little of what we go through. Each weekend we are pretty busy, so here is what a typical Saturday is for us....
First it was soccer, always soccer. This season all of our games are at 9am, but today we had to get up unusually early so we could be at the field at 8am for team pictures.


This was our second game. Last week Carter scored 3 goals. (he gets $1 for each goal he scores - it keeps him focused). Today he scored 4 goals and he even had an awesome header (where you hit the ball with your head on a throw in). I wish I would have it on camera, but I wasn't ready for it at all. WE ARE 2-0 IN SOCCER.
Next is usually football practice, but it has been cancelled the last two weeks because of Aggie Football games. Since we are on the road this week, our practice was at 4pm. So we actually got to go to a birthday party - we try to get Carter to each one we are invited to. Here are a few pictures from the Star Wars themed party we went to. Carter had a great time, and it was nice to see a mom go as overboard as I do for birthday parties. WE ARE 1-0-1 IN FOOTBALL.
The Cake

Balloon balancing and Death Star hot potato game

(Carter won both)


Then it was off to football practice. I don't have any pictures of practice, but here are some pictures from his first 2 games. He's getting a little better each game. (He gets $1 for each flag that he pulls and $5 for each touchdown - I am hoping he scores some but not too much :)!!!!) It's neat to see things come together for him. I hope he'll be much better by the end of the season.

He's getting pretty good at blocking

We play football every Tuesday and Thursday, with practice on Saturday's. I'll post more pictures from Tuesday's game, because I got a SWEET shirt that I can't wait to wear and take pictures of...GO RAIDERS!!!!

Tomorrow is Sunday school, church and basketball. The fall is always pretty busy for us. Monday is soccer, Tuesday is football, Wednesday is "catch up night" homework, reading, shopping, laundry, etc. Thursday is football, Friday is getting ready for the weekend night :), Saturday is soccer, aggie football, football practice, sudnay is sunday school, church, and basketball. PHEW! I just fell asleep typing that.

So there is a little look at our day today.

PS - I'm doing great, thanks for the emails, calls and prayers. I'm moving around really good, and hope to go to work on Monday, although I haven't been released yet :(....my incision still gets pretty sore, but other than that I am doing AWESOME!

No comments: