AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No more cast

Well Carter finally got his cast off after only 4 weeks (instead of 6). The doctor said it was ok, and we wanted to have it off before Bryan's sister got married. We took lots of pictures on the day of, so here they are. He took his last bath with a zip lock baggie to cover it, and was pretty happy about that. I know, I know his hair is amazing in the mornings when he gets out of bed:
Then we went to Academy, so I could take some pictures of him "out and about" before we took it off, and he's a pretty cute kid if I do say so myself:Then it was time to go to his appointment and he was pretty good until we go there, then he decided to make "enemies" with the saw before they started. It didn't help that my brother was with us and kept on telling him that they were going to cut his arm off. He then got excited at the possibility of having a robot arm like Anakin Skywalker! Thank goodness for Star Wars.Here he is being the Drama king that he is. He looks like he is in soooo much pain doesn't he?Now it's time for the cutting to begin, and the nurse was nice enough to show him that he wouldn't be in any pain. Cuts from the saw:Prying it open - getting ready for the smell:
He kept saying it felt rubbery, like his arm was made out of rubber:Here is the after it's off picture:
Complete with Kool-Aid, juice, and dirt:
Then when they were taking the x-rays he decided he wanted to be a Sumo wrestler:Just so you have a comparison, here is a before and after picture of his cast. It was nice and bright and red on the first day, and icky and dark and smelly on the last day. Oh and I promise that my kid has other clothes, but he loves the color red and he loves Star Wars. Plus he wanted to wear it on both days. He said he wore it when he got the cast on and wanted to wear it when he got it off.So now we have had a broken bone, and I am hoping that we won't have anymore. This was such a freak thing. He has fully recovered though and is constantly jumping off furniture, and wrestling with my brother. I have probably said "Watch his arm" twelve hundred times! He assures me that he's awesome on a daily basis. Thanks for keeping up with us.
---Valerie---

No comments: