AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Monday, December 12, 2011

Keep runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin....

Done!
Well, we actually did it. Last Sunday, my friend Meagan and I ran the 1st annual BCS Half Marathon. I am glad to say that it was horrible, and I can't wait to do my next one!

The weekend started with our "packet pick up" on Saturday. Seeing the signs made it 100% real!
Got our bib numbers:
The morning of the race we had to be there at 6:15am! I don't even get up that early for work. Anyway, it was a chilly 41 degrees, but with 1400+ runners, it warmed up pretty fast. Here we are before the race started:
grrrrr. We can do it!
Starting line, (we were pretty far back):
Talking, waiting to start:
Mile 3:
Mile 6: It's funny that Meagan always knew where the camera was, and she flashed a smile or a pose in every picture :).
Mile 6, right before I had to stop and go to the bathroom, darn lines! It took about 10 minutes of my time :(.
Mile 9:
This was mile 9, about the time my calf started to give me problems :(. I was super bummed about it!
Meagan to the finish line:
Me rounding the corner to the finish line:
AHHHHHHH...ALMOST DONE. Jogging to the finish line, while making the "kill me now" face:
After the race:
The signs that John and Melodie made. Bryan said, "why are you cheering for yourselves?"
So we switched :)...
For my 1st race, I would say I did OK. My goal was to finish in 3 hours (since I was going to do a little walking). I was on pace to finish well in front of my goal. But my mile 9.5, my legs were toast! My calf had been giving me problems, and when I tried to adjust my thighs didn't want to cooperate. So I ended up walking most of the last 2.5 - 3 miles, and finished in 3.03. Even with a bathroom stop :). Soooo, the next race I plan on doing better!

Meagan did great and finished about 15 minutes before me. It was good to know someone else was out there with me! 11 weeks until the next one!

No comments: