In early September I asked Carter what he wanted to be for Halloween. I have found that the earlier I ask the more prepared I can be. This year he wanted to be
Captain Jack Sparrow. So off we went in search of the perfect costume. I found a few online and at some local costume shops, but when I actually looked at them, they were just not what I would see a pirate in, especially Jack. Here is one of them:

I told Carter I would try, to put something together, but he would need a backup plan. He chose to be a zombie as plan B. (he already had the costume/mask from last year). I looked online for a while to find my "inspiration." This is actually one of the few times that pinterest hasn't been helpful, but that's a whoooole other blog. Anyway, here is the one I found...

...and here was our finished product:



My main concern was finding a pirate hat, and not paying an arm and a leg. As, I was trying to find "parts" for his costume, I stumbled across one at Goodwill for $2!

Then an old silk night gown cut to a vest, a ruffled shirt from Plato's closet, a pair of my brown boots and capri pants, a few props and some facial hair (held on by double sided tape because his face was too small) and we had our Captain!


Then it was off to a fun night of trick or treating with his friend Austin.

We heard a ton of people say, "OH, look it's Jack Sparrow." Carter didn't mind correcting them saying, "
CAPTAIN,
CAPTAIN, Jack Sparrow."



They were out for about an hour and a half, then Carter came home and gave out some of his own candy to some last minute trick or treaters. What a kid!
Happy Halloween everyone, until next time.
1 comment:
Sounds like ya'll had a great night! Well done on the costume.
Post a Comment