If any of you claim to know us, then you know where were were alllll day Sunday. It was officially
Fightin' Texas Aggie football season! WHOOOOP!
We woke up at 8:00, to the sound of the Aggie War Hymn on our, alarm. Let out a "whoop" and gave each other a HIGH FIVE. Just like we do every year :). Yes, I know we're nerds, but we are nerds that love the same things!
Every year, the High School band does a fundraiser. They will put a flag in your yard on game day, and then pick it up after the game. This is the official kick off to the season. When we see that flag flying, we know it's real.


Since the game was on a Sunday, and a late one, we were able to go to church, as usual. Mark, Stephanie, and Barrett went with us. On the way to church, I was telling Steph, that our pastor is great. He usually tries to work in hunting (of some sort), Aggies or Cowboys. He managed to talk about dove hunting, and then came out wearing this:

Yes, he's in an A&M jersey! It's a #25, because he just celebrated his 25th year at Central. I only took a couple of pictures, because I was nervous about taking pictures in church.
After church it was time for tailgating! It was super windy, like 32 mile per hour gusts, so not many people could have tents up. We had one "canopy" death, but still managed to have a good time. Thank goodness for the wind, it made the heat more bearable. Carter took this picture, and I just realized that I have quite a few of Bryan and I, and none of Carter, it's usually the other way around! Next game, I'll get some of CJ.

About to start walking to the field:

We like to be in our seats about 45 minutes to an hour before kickoff. Here we are, in our seats, about 35 minutes before kick off.

This is the view from our seats. We've had these seats for about 5 or 6 years, and LOVE them.


We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we....




Game over. What a great victory over SMU. I was a little worried in the 2nd that we would fall back in our "old ways," but the Ags came out in the 2nd half a renewed team, and played they the caliber of team they are! GREAT GREAT 1st game.
No comments:
Post a Comment