Many of you have asked what is Carter doing this summer, the easier thing would be, what ISN'T he doing. So far this summer he's done archery, cards and domino classes (where he learned some fun games to play), dinosaur class (thank you Jurassic Park for peaking his interest in this) and most important basketball. He did a class every day in June, and also attended Don Eddy Basketball camp. Those of you that know me, know that I'm a HUGE advocate of this camp. I attended for 10 years, and coached for about 7 years (even when I was pregnant with Carter!). Anyway, this is his 2nd year, and he did better this year, he won the same amount of ribbons, but he came away with a lot more this, especially a LOVE for the game. He could be the poster child for them. He always wants to wear his Don Eddy stuff.
That was the month of June. In July, my parents and brother were able to come up for the the 4th of July, and got to stay for the whole 3 day weekend, and we had so much fun. I love when we get to spend so much time together, and we just sat around and relaxed. We saw fireworks at the George Bush Library here in College Station, and the boys threw around the football. Carter's cousin (Thomas) was able to come and spend 2 weeks with us (he here this week too). He's been great, and Carter and he are having fun.Waiting for the burgers to finish so we could head over to the firework show:

Waiting for the fireworks to start:
My mom and dad:
Mom, dad, and brother:
Watching from the truck bed, it was a much better spot: 
The highlight of the weekend (other than seeing Eclipse) was getting a picture of my mom "whooping" with an Aggie shirt on:
My brother, Ben, was able to stay with us for the rest of the week. I love having him here. He's such a great brother and uncle...except when we're fighting :). The boys went to play some basketball, and I took this time to try and figure out some different settings on our new camera.

They had fun, and sweated a whole bunch. Ben went home this past weekend, and I miss him already.Carter's also doing a drama camp, it's a month long, and they are putting on a production of Beauty and the Beast. I'll have more pictures of that next week. For now you can see them on Facebook, but now that I know where he's going to be on stage, I'm hoping to get beter pictures this time around. Still to come this summer: a trip to Washington DC, Camp Aggieland, Powersports camp, and flag football and soccer will be starting in August. Then he'll be in 3rd grade! Then football season will start...50-something days until kick off WHOOP! Hope everyone is doing well, and thanks for keeping up with us!
Bryan, Val and CJ
No comments:
Post a Comment