Bryan and I have been in our house almost 6 months (It will be 6 months on May 20th). Happy Anniversary to us! Anyway, as of this past Saturday, we are officially home owners though, because we bought a grill! Woo hoo for weekend bar b ques. Those of you that really know us, know that we are not impulse buyers when it come to big things. It took us about 2 or 3 weeks to decide on an entertainment center, about the same time for us to pick a kitchen table. The only thing we didn’t really talk about was Carter’s furniture and the coffee table/end table combo. I picked CJ’s and then asked him if he liked it, he said “sure” while playing on an Xbox at the furniture store. That was good enough for me! The coffee table was the only thing I really wanted. This past weekend we decided to buy a grill, so we could make fajitas for our Cinco de Mayo party. Bryan researched for hours online on Friday night, not to mention I had been looking at a ton of them online for awhile now. Well, Saturday morning we left at 10:30 to pick out our grill…we didn’t get done until almost 3:00! That’s right, it took us 4 hours to pick out a grill, get it loaded and get home. We went to 5 different places, did lots of research on our phones. When we finally decided on one, we went to home depot, to get it, and they didn’t have any assembled. It was going to take a week! We just picked out one that was already assembled. NO research, NO extensive talking about and NO questions asked. We picked that one out in 10 minutes, so for those of you looking for a grill: 1. I can tell you what you need to know, 2. If you want something that day, ask which ones are assembled, it narrows your list down. 3. Don’t kill yourself on research online, chances are that isn’t the one you’ll get J. I love our grill though. We’ve used it twice, and hope to use it again this weekend. We are getting better at it each time. Our next big decision: the backyard. We have decided to extend our slab (after about 2 weeks of debating). Now we have to decide on furniture, and what to do to the concrete (tile, stamp, stain)…so it’ll be a while! I can’t wait though. Making the decisions with Bryan is fun, and in the end we are usually happy with what we picked.
Oh on a separate note, in 3 weeks, we’ll have a 3rd grader. That’s right, folks, my little man will be in the 3rd grade! I can’t believe how fast he’s growing up. He’s so awesome! He keeps us laughing all the time. I promise to take pictures this weekend and post them. OH YEAH! He’s getting baptized on May 16th. That in itself deserves a separate post, and I’ll do that after the event happens. We are so proud of him for so many things. His baptism, he scored 4 goals last Saturday in his soccer game, he’s on the 3rd book in the Percy Jackson series. This is impressive, because the suggested reading level is “entering 5th – 9th.” He’s such a good reader J. Anyway, that what we have been up to. I’ll post more after this weekend. Love you all.
1 comment:
Yay a new blog post!!! Next time we come down you have to grill for us. Miss you!!
Post a Comment