Summer's in the this Townsend household are generally busy. It's a go-go-go time for us. The 1st week of summer is usually pretty mellow, and then it's turns to a "Thundercats-Are-Go-Let's-Get-As-Much-Done-As-Possible" type of busy. I wanted to give you a glimpse of our a day in our lives, and yesterday was the first of many to come. I tried to capture pictures throughout the day, buuut we all know how that goes. Here is how yesterday went:
*Note - the night before showers, last minute packing, family stuff took place, and Bryan and I were up until about 11:30, maybe midnight.
5:00am: Alarm goes off; Snooze for 10 minutes
5:10: Could I snooze it again? Nope. Get up.
5:30: Leave to go get gas at HEB
5:45ish: Bryan picks me up at the gas station so we could all ride together to drop CJ off at church for his week long camp in Cedar Hill. 6:03: Arrive at Church/Check CJ in/Load suitcase. The bus was suposed to
be there at 6:30, but wasn't so Bryan took a few pictures of Carter and
I, then we did a few self-takes to pass the time. (Truth be told - I
didn't want to think about how much I was going to miss him).
![]() |
| Carter and his friend, Trevor |
![]() |
| Me and my baby |
![]() |
| Us again |
![]() |
| Us again |
![]() |
| Once kiss before you go |
| |
| He was so ready for that bus! |
6:50: Bus arrives, Bryan and I say our goodbyes, and head to IHOP for an early breakfast.
![]() |
| Mmmm. IHOP coffee |
![]() |
| Fake eggs, Turkey bacon, and cinn-a-stack. Almost healthy. |
7:55am-4:00pm: Work
4:00: Head home to make dinner and get ready for bible study group.
5:15-6:45: "U.S. G.I.R.L.S" Monday night bible study.
7:00pm: Grab a cookie, change
7:30-9:00 Arrive at Lincoln Center, to coach a group of 10-12 year old boys (only 5 were there), in our 1st Summer League game (Tip off was at 8:00). We won 34-30.
9:00: Rush to Bryan's 8:30 hockey game.
9:45: Bryan's 2nd hockey game (the 1st of several double headers this season). ![]() |
| I so love watching this man play! |
When Bryan got home I wanted him to open one of his Father's Day gifts from me, so he could start using it. Hopefully, he likes it, and it does the job it needs to!
We were in bed around 12:30, and I don't think that either of us moved all night. It was definitely a Manic Monday...and just because I have the song in my head:










No comments:
Post a Comment