AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

20 to tha 12

Here are my goals, resolutions, "want to's" or whatever you want to call them for 2012...

1. Read the entire Bible in Chronological order
(Deuteronomy 4:29-31)

Tons of people are doing this I think. I’d just like to learn more about it. Thanks to one of my bff’s, Stephanie, I’ll be able to do a better job of this. I need to have a daily relationship with God, and make time for Him because I definitely have time for other things (see #7)

2. Make time to go on a date each month (I Peter 4:8)

Bryan and I have time together, and now that Carter is older it’s easier. However, this year, I’d like to take the time, once a month to have a “date night” and actually talk/learn/cherish each other more than we do already.

3. Continue to run (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

I ran (and walked) my first ½ marathon (3hrs 3 minutes), and my next one is in March. Bryan and I are both doing this one, and hopefully, I’ll be able to continue running after that too. There has been “talk” amongst family member (sisters; hubby; and MIL) to try to run a full marathon by the end of the year (12-9-12 to be exact).

4. Eat Right (Daniel 1:14-16)
I recently took a food sensitivity test. I would like to stick to it as much as possible. One thing I can’t/shouldn’t eat is eggs. This will be hard for me! I <3 eggs.

5. Be a better parent/wife/friend

Parent (Proverbs 22:6): I am going to try to be more patient, and I’d like to make sure that Carter knows God, and walks with him daily. This will take a tremendous amount of effort because we tend to be super busy during the week. This also means sticking to a schedule, and making sure things are getting done.

Wife (Ephesians 5:22-24): I am going to make sure that I’m a better wife this year. This means keeping the house clean, laundry done, schedules kept, etc.


Friend (Hebrews 13:2):
I want to be a better friend/person. Get involved a little more, have more dinner parties, and get to know my neighbors a little better.

6. Be a better family (Ephesians 5:33 and Exodus 20:12)

I’d like to set aside one night a week for “family night.” This means no TV that night (maybe some music at dinner time), unless it’s a movie we can all watch together, but even that will be few and far between. We’ll do a family devotion, and then play a game, go to the park, play outside, or do something else as a family.


7. Limit TV during the week
(Psalm 101:3a)

This will be one of the harder ones. I would like to limit myself to 1 hour of TV during the week. I’m starting with 1 hour, but we’ll see how that goes. Sometimes this is how Bryan and I “spend” time together, but we’re not really doing much, but sitting on the couch. To ensure that I’m able to keep up with other resolutions/goals, this is my starting point. The are a few exceptions: it doesn’t include family movies (home or at the theatre); , or if “date night” is at a movie during the week; or if I’m not feeling good (cause sometimes just lying there watching nothing makes me feel better). I have realized I watch WAAAAY too much tv.

8. Sewing/Craft projects (I couldn't find a verse on being crafty...go figure...)

Start and finish some projects that don’t look “crappy” or “cheap.” Thanks to pinterest, I think I can make this happen. I have a ton of ½ done projects that need to be completed, so this is motivation to do so.

9. No more chips (This kind of goes with #3, my body being a temple and all....)

This one is pretty self explanatory. I will be giving up chips…of all kinds… for the year! Thanks to my sister Tammy and friends Dannielle and Meagan for the ideas.


So there you have it. I know that it's a lot, and some may think I'm setting myself up for failure, but most of it should be fairly easy after the initial shock wears off :)

HOPING FOR A WONDERFUL 2012!

1 comment: