AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tag, I'm it!

So there is a game of internet "tag" going on for fellow bloggers, and since I was tagged, I thought I'd join in and enjoy some of the fun. I'd had to dig deep on a couple of these questions, because they were pretty tough. I did put a lot of thought in to them, and hope you have fun reading. Thanks Tammy for "tagging" me. For my blogger friends, see the bottom of the post to see if you've been "tagged"

1. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Hmmm, this is a tough one for me. There is a TON of stuff I would change, I am an extremely emotional person, and I get irritated really easily, and most of the time it’s just ridiculous. I tend to get upset and cry and I think back and think, wait, why was I mad? I wouldn't change that though, because that's me. So if I had to change only one thing, it would be saying "no." I have a hard time saying no, when I'm asked to do something. It's how I usually end up being team mom, room mom, PTO President, playing softball, and signing my kid up for 40 different sports at one time (not 40, but 3 or 4 is fair), and coaching. I tend to say yes to everything at work, too, so both home and work can get pretty stressful. Not only do I not say no, I fell the need to do it myself, so that it gets done correctly (even though most people I know are pretty competent). So to be less stressed, that's probably something I'd change.

2. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

College Station, Texas...

...Oh wait I already do! I love it here, but I'm guessing the question should be "if you couldn't live where you are now, where would you live." In that case, I would say COLORADO. I've been there a few times, and LOVE it there. I think that something about waking up to mountains, is just amazing.

3. When was a time in your life where you have seen God working?

I see God at work everyday, and I have seen HIM working in my life so many times. I would have to say, though when my grandma was diagnosed with breast cancer, I was put to the test. I think that putting faith in him, and letting go really showed me what it means to be faithful.

4. What is one item on your wishlist? (If you haven't made your Christmas wishlist yet now’s a good time to start!)

One thing, only one??? I guess, the one thing I want most right now is a Roomba. After seeing the one my sister has in action, well I'm hooked. It's pretty pricey, but I'll definitely be asking for gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond this Christmas.

5. What is your favorite season?

This is an unfair question, so I'm cheating. Since Texas only has 2 seasons (summer and about to be summer), I'm going to broaden the term "season" and say the HOLIDAY SEASON. By using this term, I can encompass, most of what should be, FALL. I consider Halloween the start of Holiday season. This is my favorite time of year. Halloween, and creative costumes, Thanksgiving with Aggie football, and Christmas with decorations, gift giving, and fellowship with family and friends (this year, an amazing trip). I also LOVE to shop the day after Thanksgiving, so that's being thrown in there too to add to my list or reasons for this being my favorite season.

6. If you could go out to eat anywhere, where would it be?

Well, I could seriously eat at Olive Garden everyday of the year, but I do this in spurts. I used to love Red Lobster, Fuddruckers, and so on and son forth. So right now it's Olive Garden, next week it could be Ninfa's who knows!

7. What is one of your favorite childhood memories?

I have a tone of these, but one of my favorite childhood memories, is spending time with my grandparents. I remember that every Tuesday, my grandpa would pick me up from school, after dance class (I went to a magnet school, and we had enrichment programs after school), he would always take me to get an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen. Then after that, we'd go to their house, and my grandma would let me help her make tortillas. It always seems like she saved some for me to mess up. She would let me roll them, and cook them, and then burn them a little for me, and put like a pound of butter on it! Then we would watch Golden Girls, and the Jeffersons. Those were good times.

8. Cake or cupcake?

Definitely depends on the occasion, and who is making them. My choice would be cupcakes if I’m only serving them. For instance, if it’s for a party, cupcakes are the way to go. No cutting, no knifes, plates, or forks needed . I generally get cupcakes for all of Carter’s parties: school birthday party, real birthday party, ½ birthday party, etc, etc. I really dislike all of the prep work that it takes to make cupcakes. I mean, you have to have to the little cups, and separate your batter right or they invade your pan, and ice them when they are done. What usually happens when I make cupcakes, is they sit, “uniced” with a knife, and a can of icing. Basically, a “do it yourself” set up.

However, if I have to make one or the other, then my choice will forever be cake. With cake, you just throw all the batter in one pan. How easy is that? I know that cupcakes are prettier, but I also chalk it up to time. I never have time to do anything (see above reasons for not having time). Just know that if I ever make cupcakes for you then you are definitely special. If I don't make them, well, you are still special, but my time management skills suck.

So there are my answers, hope you enjoy. Now it's your turn. Here are the 8 questions:

1. If you were a super hero, what powers would you want?

2. What is 1 thing you are looking forward to in the 6-12 months?

3. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?

4. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

5. If you won a lottery ticket and had a million dollars, what would you do with it?

6. What movie or TV show do you take guilty pleasure in watching?

7. Which of Snow White's 7 dwarfs describes you best and why? (Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey)

8. What is something you can do to get closer to God?

And here are the folks I'm tagging:

Ashley and Grayson

Sarah Beard

Lori Hurt

Kristi Skains

Krista Tope

Sarah Johnston

Kathryn Perkins

Julee Guinn

No comments: