AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality

So after 2 weeks off, we are back to the swing of things. Work is keeping us busy, and Carter is about to start basketball, so we'll be double busy. I wanted to post some pictures from our trips over the holidays, but realized that most of the pictures where taken with my mom's camera, or by our friends. So I'll just post what I have :)

Our first stop was San Antonio for Christmas. Here is Carter and my brother, Ben, waking up and getting their gifts from Santa. Carter got a Razor sparks scooter and 2 books. My brother got an electric guitar. They were both pretty excited.
And of course we had to include Chester the cat :)
At the last minute Bryan and I decided to make our way to Shreveport, LA for the Independence Bowl. It's always fun to be there to support our Aggies, but my bowl record is horrible, so I probably won't be attending any in the near future. I think I'm 0-5. It's nice to travel to the games, but I may let Carter and Bryan go to the games, and I'll watch at a bar close to the stadium :). Here we are waiting in line for the shuttle to the stadium:
At the stadium:
After a horrible hotel experience, we ended up staying at a really nice hotel and casino. They had some really pretty trees in the lobby, here are my boys with a few of them.
Then it was back home for a couple of nights, then we headed to Hot Springs, Arkansas for a wedding. Two of our close friends were married at a beautiful church there.
Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Dustin Ritter :)...no he's not related to John Ritter.
We were on the road a lot, and were able to appreciate our house more when we got home. We have been extremely blessed, and hope to have a wonderful 2010. We hope you do too!

No comments: