AWESOMENESS

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story"

-Barney Stinson

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shoot for 2!

So this year Carter has been involved with 3 different basketball leagues.

League #1: Upward - GO LIONS! This league is through our church. If you haven’t heard of it’s a pretty neat league. There is no score at Carter’s level because the idea is to teach the players how to play the game, while also learning to play for the glory of God, and to be Christ-like while playing a sport.

League #2: City League – GO SPURS! This league is through the city, hence the name. Much more competitive league. Carter has improved sooooo much. His 1st game he scored maybe 3 baskets…I think his last game, which was today, he had at least 9 baskets! Unfortunately, we don’t have any pictures of either one of these because both Bryan and I coach both teams, and we get too involved to remember to take pictures from the bench.


League #3: PiPs – This stands for Players in Progress. This is Carter’s second year doing this, and he has only gotten better. This program concentrates on ball handling, listening, and working together. Here are a few clips of Carter - sorry the videos aren't that great) :


I am SUPER excited about this summer for Carter (he is too). He gets to do a some basketball camps, some of them I did while I was growing up.

No comments: